Are you aware of Microsoft’s 2020 end of life products?
In January 2020 Microsoft will stop supporting a number products that are vital to businesses.
Microsoft have announced that several of their products will be reaching this phase in 2020; Most of which are still being used by a large majority of businesses. These products are:
- SQL 2008
- Windows Server 2008 & 2008 R2
- Windows Small Business Server 2011
- Exchange 2010
- Windows 7
- Office 2010
How does this affect me?
- End of Life software doesn’t comply with GDPR and is commonly targeted by hackers who can exploit old vulnerabilities knowing that security updates will have ceased.
- The financial implications of outages can be costly to UK businesses with working hours lost due to downtime and customer service implications.
- You will begin to see a performance impact in your existing applications, and it is likely that future update support along with new application versions will no longer be supported or usable.
What can I do?
Upgrading your software before it reaches end of life is a necessity for any business. However, any kind of upgrade is going to take research and planning and is not something that you should rush because IT plays such an integral role in business. What and when you upgrade will depend on your specific organisation.
Talk to one of our experienced Engineers here at Keen IT Solutions. We will be able to provide you with honest, impartial advice based on what works for your business.
Call us: 01276 818461
Email us: email@example.com